On the 5th of May 2016, a fifth branch of the famous Pingu’s English language training franchise opened at a kindergarten in Thailand.
In the hearth of Phuket in southern Thailand, Mr. Derek Price, CEO of Linguaphone Group and Dr. Nipat Ungpakornkaew, the Master Licensee of Pingu’s English Thailand, were invited by head teacher Miss Noppakate Adjanaromwat to preside over the opening ceremony at this junior school-kindergarten.
Miss Adjanaromwat has been successfully teaching English and Mathematics to international students here for almost five years. Her school includes a reception, parent area, playground and four classrooms that can serve over 300 students per year.
At the ceremony Mr. Ungpakornkaew congratulated Miss Noppakate for opening this latest Pingu’s English School “where demand for English language schooling is high”. He went on to explain how Phuket has been chosen for the next phase of English language development. Corporate and retail markets in this region are expected to respond well to Pingu’s English training programme as tourism is so important and the region is ready to meet increased demand.
In his conclusion Dr. Ungpakornkaew said, “We are confident that the reputation of Pingu’s English and its growth in the market will continue in the year ahead.” In support of this statement, he revealed that the next school branch is already planned to open in Northeast Thailand in July 2016.
Dr. Ungpakornkaew, Master Licensee of Pingu’s English Thailand, during his speech in Udonthani
Teachers enjoying the Pingu’s English-branded garden in the franchise’s latest branch, in Phuket
Mr. Price, CEO of Linguaphone Group, visiting one of the 5th Pingu’s English Centres in Thailand, Udonthani
Thai children now have the opportunity to enrol in a choice of five Pingu’s English language learning centres across the country, with more centers projected to follow:
- Pingu’s English School, Central World, Bangkok
- Pingu’s English School, The Nine Center, Bangkok
- Pingu’s English School, Ayutthaya
- Pingu’s English School, Udonthani
- Pingu’s English School, Phuket
While families continue to be the core basis for each child’s care and development in Thailand, public and private schools are increasingly mandated to provide reliable child development services.
The law states that caregivers responsible for young people in public and private institutes and kindergarten must be professional and have the appropriate knowledge, attitude and skills to provide the best care for children – with the close cooperation of parents.It is for these reasons why Pingu’s English has been recognized by the Ministry of Education for providing some of the best English language schooling with a class-leading curriculum for Thai children.
For all media enquiries, please contact
Debora Mondella, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile: +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
- Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email email@example.com or visit www.pingusenglish.com for more information.
- Pingu’s English provides english training franchise in the children education sector. It offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources based on Pingu TV Character. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development and ongoing marketing and sales training for the franchisees.
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 110 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. Master Franchise opportunities are available for our English language programs worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Thomas & Friends®,Barney®, Bob the Builder®, Fireman Sam€, Angelina Ballerina®, Mike the Knight™, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com. To download artwork, please visit www.hitnewsonline.com.