Monday 24 August 2009
Linguaphone Group, global leaders in language training have signed two new Master Licensees in South-East Asia for the Group’s character-based children’s English language course, Pingu’s English.
Club Academia Co. Ltd. has signed the exclusive rights to act as our Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Thailand. Currently specialising in the distribution of recreational education products to the Thai market, they will launch their flagship Pingu’s English School in the new prestigious Central World complex in Bangkok in November.They will also act as the official distributor of our Pingu’s English language course directly to pre-schools and kindergartens across Thailand.
At the same time, International Test Center (ITC) has signed as the exclusive Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Indonesia. They come with an impressive reputation in Indonesia, providing internationally accredited qualifications to the Indonesian workforce and student population since 2004. ITC already actively promote English language learning in Indonesia. These activities will be further enhanced when they open their first Pingu’s English School in the centre of Jakarta in January 2010.
Derek Price, Chief Operations Officer of the Linguaphone Group said:
“There is no doubt that parents now see English as essential for their child’s education and future prosperity, and we are delighted to see how parents and children alike are reacting to Pingu’s English wherever they are in the world.
“We are particularly delighted at the success of our South-East Asia expansion strategy for Pingu’s English. Master Licensees are keen to capitalise on the lucrative pre-school English language training market – perhaps one of the most recession-proof industries out there at the moment!
“We welcome our new Pingu’s English partners for Thailand and Indonesia to the Group, and look forward to celebrating the continued success of all of our global training partners in the months and years ahead.“
Pingu’s English is a three-level language course that teaches English to young children of 3-7+ years and is based on the globally popular children’s brand, Pingu™. The Pingu’s English language course has been inspired by the mischievous and loveable penguin and his everyday adventures in the South Pole. This innovative character-based course has been produced by the Linguaphone Group, and is designed for use within Pingu’s English Schools as well as by parents and children at home.
English language training is already being provided to children in Pingu’s English Schools across Malaysia, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Egypt. This autumn will also see our fun, friendly and effective children’s English language course being launched in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Africa.
For all media enquiries, please contact:
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile : +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
1. Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide. Please call + 44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com
2. The Linguaphone Group received support from the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and the British Embassies in Bangkok and Jakarta through their Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS) to secure our new Pingu’s English partners for Thailand and Indonesia.
3. The Linguaphone Group is a global provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With 108 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of 200 learning centres worldwide. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through our wide range of self-study language courses sold in over 60 countries. For more information visit linguaphonegroup.com
4. For images of our existing centres or queries about any of our existing Linguaphone Group partners please email email@example.com
5. The Linguaphone Group is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA).
6. Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a Study Pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials. Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, colouring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
7. The Linguaphone Group has licensed the popular children’s character Pingu from HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment owned by private equity investment group Apax Partners, is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America and Japan. HIT also acts as a worldwide representative for The Jim Henson Company’s library of classic family brands and as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, PBS KIDS Sprout SM, and international preschool channel JimJam, (outside of the US, UK and China). For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com