Business Development Executive
Job title: Business Development Executive
Start date: asap
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Linguaphone Group Head Office based
in Mitcham, Surrey or as directed. The Business Development Executive will also be required to travel extensively anywhere in the world in the execution of their role.
To work with our licensed partners to develop and grow their business so as to achieve the company’s commercial goals. Those goals will be achieved through the correct delivery of our teaching systems, and the sales of product and service fees. This postholder will operate as the conduit between Head Office and our licensed partners to ensure a smooth and efficient business relationship.
Background: Based in Mitcham, Surrey the Linguaphone Group is a world-leading global language-training provider, operating under the internationally recognised Pingu's English, Linguaphone and Direct English brand names. Through our worldwide network of licensed partners in nearly 60 countries worldwide, we offer classroom-based English language courses for adults, as well as a wide range of self-study Linguaphone language courses for adults . For young children, we also offer Pingu's English, an exciting children's English language course for 3-7+ years based on the enormously popular animated character, Pingu.
This full-time permanent role has been created to help our expanding global network of Linguaphone Group licensed partners develop their business with us.
Working closely with our partners worldwide your role will require you to:
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support
- Develop business & marketing plans with partners, gain buy-in and monitor development in line with targets
- To provide consultative solutions to partners and to add value by using other partners successes / failures to achieve partner success
- Document and report on outcome of partner meetings and ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed
- Monitor and report on specific activities and provide relevant management information
- Develop training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs of our new and current partners, predominantly focusing on sales & marketing, IT software and customer service
- Working closely with other internal trainers, plan and deliver training courses either in the UK or in-market
- Organise training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery
- Ensure market visits occur according to agreed contractual commitment and to arrange travel logistics as necessary
- Assist Finance in ensuring that partners accounts are managed according to contract and that contractual commitments are adhered to
- Assist IT by answering ML queries regarding the range of company software
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Attend customer and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Fulfill any request reasonably requested of them.
Scale and territory indicators
- Travel globally - approximately 40 - 50 days in market each year
- Core product range of the Linguaphone Group, Direct English, Linguaphone, Pingu’s English
- Markets to be agreed, but spread globally
- Typical value of partners between 50 – 250k £ pa.
- Total personal revenue accountability potentially £1m.
Skills and experience required
Ideally, you will have Account Management experience, including some experience in sales and training. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of business development and show how you have delivered business growth for your present company.
Experience within the education or training industry, particularly within the ELT market is a bonus. However, this is not essential. It is more important that you have a proven commercial outlook, with a can-do-attitude and be able to make robust proposals and recommendations to achieve partner buy-in.
In order to undertake this role, the Business Development Executive will need to possess the following skills and abilities:
Behaviours: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing at CEO and board member level. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and professional. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a couple of weeks a month globally. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be able to operate independently.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of business development, including marketing, operations and features-benefits-solutions selling. Able to develop and deliver ‘train the trainer’ courses. Appreciates need for consistency within company's branding and marketing mix.
Computer Skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing notable customers, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Experience of working with contracts would also be useful.
Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting another BDE. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
Other requirements: Able to work extended hours/weekends on occasions when required.
Competitive salary £34K - £38K depending on experience, plus 25 days holiday allowance per annum (plus public holidays), and access to the company contributory (defined benefits) pension scheme are part of this package
Applying for this post
Please send your CV and one-page cover letter by post to Mark Ibbs, Head of Business Development, Linguaphone Group, 80 Morden Road, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 4PH. Alternatively, email email@example.com confirming which post you are interested in. Due to the likely high level of applications for these posts, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No agencies please.
Back to Working For Us