At the first global Pingu’s English Master Franchisee conference held in Bangkok today, worldwide partners from the Linguaphone Group’s pre-school language programme, Pingu’s English heard HMA British Ambassador to Thailand, Asif Ahmad welcome them to Thailand during the Year of Speaking English in Thailand and reinforce the key role that English language programmes such as Pingu’s English can play.
On the growing importance of English language to the global economy, Mr Ahmad said:
“Competence in English language skills has opened up a doorway to further education and new career opportunities. English is a powerful tool for lifting people out of poverty and as a result in the last twenty years we have witnessed a huge surge in primary English language teaching in Thailand. Whereas the norm previously was to start studying English as a foreign language at secondary level, parents and educators are now realising the enormous benefits of introducing English language teaching to children even as young as two or three.
“A strong ability in the English language can transform nations that are inward looking into dynamic international economic hubs, attracting talent and investment from all over the world. And early years’ English education is the critical factor that puts a country on this journey”.
On the introduction of Pingu’s English into the Thai market, he commented that:
“British education providers have a great track record of delivering English language teaching in Thailand. Pingu’s English and the Linguaphone Group have carved out a niche for itself as being one of the best English language providers for pre-school and primary school age children and the British Embassy in Thailand is delighted to have played a part in their success.
“In addition to their excellent teaching resources, the commitment of the Pingu’s English teachers to deliver good quality English language instruction to young children in a fun environment has been a key factor that differentiates Pingu’s English from its competitors. And the igloos within their schools, are the only ones you will see in Thailand!”
Pingu’s English is a fun and imaginative way for young children to learn English and gain a better start in life. Centred around the true-to-life everyday adventures of Pingu™ and his family and friends in the South Pole, Pingu’s English is a three-level course aimed at 3 – 8+ years. Developed by leading experts in the fields of child education and language acquisition, this unique syllabus uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources to aid a child’s learning.
Designed for use within Pingu’s English schools, kindergartens and also by parents and children at home, this innovative course is exclusive to the Linguaphone Group, a UK-based global language training provider. The Pingu brand is owned by HIT Entertainment, one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights owners.
For more information please visit www.pingusenglish.com
For all media enquiries please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
- HMA British Ambassador to Thailand, Asif Ahmad spoke at the first Pingu’s English global Master Franchisee conference taking place at the Millennium Hilton, Bangkok, Thailand on Tuesday 24th April 2012.
- The British Embassy in Thailand helped the Linguaphone Group and Club Academia develop its Pingu’s English franchise in Thailand through their Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS), from supporting the launch of their first school in Central World in 2009 to expanding to an impressive network of 11 schools, offering 39 classrooms with a capacity of over 2,800 pupils per year.
- Pingu’s English has partners across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East in the following countries: China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Thailand. For more information on licensing opportunities worldwide, please visit www.pingusenglish.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of franchise partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. Master Franchisee opportunities are available for our English language programmes worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email email@example.com or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Thomas & Friends®, Barney®, Bob the Builder®, Fireman Sam®, Angelina Ballerina®, Mike the Knight™, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com. To download artwork, please visit www.hitnewsonline.com.