Pingu’s English, the breakthrough English language training franchise for children based on the loveable TV character, launched in Palestine on Wednesday 28th April 2016 at the Grand Park Hotel in Ramallah.
Pingu’s English Master Licensee, Wisam Dalbah, hosted a spectacular event attended by representatives from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education for the State of Palestine, officials from the United Nations, and senior executives from schools and the private sector.
This prestigious launch was attended by 130 Pingu’s English students from both the American School of Palestine and the Palestine Montessori school. Each student received their Level One graduation certificate from the Linguaphone Group’s representative Mark Simpson.
Also in attendance were Hania Dajani, the principal of the Palestine Montessori school and Pingu’s English unit licensees from Ramallah and Jerusalem.
To celebrate the occasion, a large “Pingu’s English” cake was ceremoniously cut and shared with all who attended.
Left to right: Hania Dajani, Mark Simpson, Wisam Dalbah
Young Pingu’s English Learners in Palestine
As Mark Simpson observed, this was “a great opportunity for Linguaphone Group’s experience and know-how to be introduced to the market by a team like Wisam Dalbah and the Early learning Company with a commitment to quality and a high customer service ethos from their great facility built in Ramallah Towers. “
Mr. Simpson went on to say that Pingu’s English has a vital role to play in introducing young people to an essential life skill, and giving children the confidence to express themselves in English.
Thousands of young students are currently learning English for the first time in their lives with Pingu’s English, some of whom attended the event.
“I am proud that students develop a far more robust confidence in the English language than can be achieved by more conventional systems. Play-based learning with more emphasis on what a child can do rather than what a child knows gives the child a genuine operational competency in the English language” he added.
Mark Simpson from Linguaphone Group delivering the Graduation Certificate to one of the hundred young learners in Palestine
The Linguaphone Group has already established a strong franchise network across the Middle East, successfully delivering their English training program for adults and children in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, and Kuwait.
For details of how to own a franchise business in Lebanon, Oman, or Jordan, visit www.pingusenglish.com or call +44 (0)208 687 6113 .
For all queries, please contact:
For Pingu’s English Franchise Opportunities in other countries, please contact:
Debora Mondella, International Brand Manager, Linguaphone Group
Notes to editors:
- Early Learning Center Co. Ltd (ELC) is located in the center of Ramallah, one of the most wonderful cities of Palestine and a pivotal academic and economic hub. As the Master Franchisee of Pingu’s English for Palestine ELC are looking forward to leading the early learning sector in Palestine especially in the area of English language learning with Pingu’s English.
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 110 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. For more information, visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
- Master franchise business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com for more information.
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources for early education. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development. Pingu’s English is English language training franchise for children.
- About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Thomas & Friends,Barney, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Angelina Ballerina, Mike the Knight, Pingu and Rainbow Magic. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com.