Immediate release: 15 February 2016
Pingu’s English (UK) today announced further expansion of their global pre-school English training franchise, with the appointment of a new Master Franchisee for their successful pre-school English language training program across Japan.
Japan is currently the third largest economy in the world, behind China and US, with a total population of 126 million.
Pingu’s English is an exciting English language course for 3 – 8 year olds, based on the popular HIT Entertainment children’s character Pingu™. The Pingu TV character is hugely popular in Japan and currently airs as part of NHK’s children’s program Nyanchu’s World and also on Cartoon Network Japan.
Pingu’s English captures a child’s attention from the start, with interesting situations and topics to bring their English language learning alive. The pace of every lesson is lively and engaging with no need to have any prior experience in the English language. This unique learning system, from the UK-based Linguaphone Group, covers the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing and helps children to communicate in English in a natural and confident way from day one.
Commenting on the announcement, Derek Price, CEO of the Linguaphone Group said:-
“The combination of the hugely popular Pingu character, with the academic integrity and global experience of the Linguaphone Group, has created a powerful English language training corpus with unique and significant mass-market appeal for Japanese pre-school children.
“Pingu’s English is very aware of the importance within Japanese culture to be able to rely on a solid English training program for children from an early age. We are therefore delighted to announce the appointment of Global Education Corporation as our new and exclusive Pingu’s English Master Franchisee for Japan”.
Mr. Tanaka, of Global Education Corporation, said “We are honoured to be given the opportunity to work with the Pingu’s English international franchise, and act as their exclusive Master Franchisee for Japan. We will use our wide experience and expertise in the Japanese market to bring all Japanese children a new, exciting and authentic opportunity to learn English, which we believe will help them broaden their horizons for career and social relationships.
An ancient proverb in Japan says “Kawaii ko ni wa tabi o saseyo” which broadly translates as “Send the beloved child on a journey”. Parents in Japan regularly send their kids out into the world at a very young age. They want them to be independent, to give benefit to society, and children often learn, at an early age, that being self-reliant is important for social good.
In 2008 the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture in Japan, aware of the importance of introducing English at school as a compulsory subject, announced that English must be taught into elementary schools at least once a week (35 lessons in total in a year) as a regular class, in fifth and sixth grade. After students enter high schools, they have to study English to prepare for university examinations, but one of the problems has always been related to the introduction of English letters and alphabet. A pre-school English training program, like Pingu’s English, can contribute to the preparation of children for their future education.
For more information please visit www.pingusenglish.com
For all media enquiries, please contact:
International Brand Manager – Linguaphone Group
Notes to editors
- Information about Pingu’s Engish Japan:
Leimond International School Oumi – Merci-Seta 2-1 Kayanoura Otsu -Shi, Shiga-Ken
Mr. Shinji Hirata – Tel +8775727398
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. For more information, visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
- Master franchise business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com for more information.
- Pingu’s English offers a training franchise in the early Education. It provides an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs, plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
- About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading children’s entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties such as Thomas & Friends, Barney, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam, Angelina Ballerina, Mike the Knight, Pingu and Rainbow Magic. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com.