Following the recent appointment of My Gym China as the exclusive Master Franchisee for their children’s English language franchise, Pingu’s English across China, the Linguaphone Group are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the first two new Pingu’s English centres in Beijing, and Shenyang, located in north-east of China.
As the official Pingu’s English Master Franchisee for China, MyGym China now plans to open new Pingu’s English centres alongside over 150 existing MyGym centres already operating across China as part of their rapid expansion plan.
Mr. James LIU, Chairman and CEO of MyGym China said, “We are dedicated to improving the lives of children and families. Our mission is to empower youngsters by helping them acquire the skills, confidence, and positive self-image need to become healthy young adults. Language is the fundamental skill for people to communicate each other and English is the global common language nowadays. We are very excited to add Pingu’s English to our portfolio. We all believe the Pingu’s English program will help our children to learn the necessary international communication skills, and foster great success in the future. We have already put together a solid and aggressive plan to develop the Pingu’s English learning centres across China.”
Mr Derek Price, CEO Linguaphone Group said, “We are delighted to announce the forthcoming launch of the first two new Pingu’s English centres in Beijing and Shenyang. China is a hugely important market for us, and we very much look forward to working with our Pingu’s English Master Franchisee there to bring our renowned pre-school English language franchise to children in Beijing, Shenyang, and ultimately across China.”
Pingu’s English is an entertaining English language course for young children, based on the popular HIT Entertainment children’s character Pingu™. The program uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources to teach children of 3-8+ years the vital skill of communicating in English. When children and parents enter a Pingu’s English centre, they begin an exciting adventure with Pingu and his family and friends in the South Pole.
Unlike many other English courses, Pingu’s English captures the child’s attention from the start with interesting situations and topics to bring their learning alive. The pace of every lesson is lively and engaging and there’s no need for the child to have any experience in the English language either. This unique learning system from the UK-based Linguaphone Group covers the four language skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening, helping the child to communicate in a natural and confident way from day one. The course is both fun to teach and learn and takes place in a calm, safe and stimulating environment.
For all media and licensing queries regarding Pingu’s English China please contact:
Tel: +86 10 84793668 or +86 15301068902
For all media enquiries, please contact
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing (Brand and Digital), Linguaphone Group
Notes to editors
- The Linguaphone Group will be attending The China Franchise Expo, Beijing from 16th – 19th May inclusive, to meet with investors interested in acting as a Direct English (the English language training programme for adult learners developed by renowned ELT expert Louis Alexander, author of New Concept English) on their stand N470. More information available by emailing email@example.com
- Master licensing business opportunities are still available in a variety of international markets worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit pingusenglish.com
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of learning centres worldwide. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. For more information visit
- My Gym was created in 1983 by William Caplin and Yacov & Susi Sherman, who opened their first two My Gyms in Santa Monica and Van Nuys, California. Utilizing their experience in the fields of sports, dance, early childhood development, kinesiology and gymnastics, they developed a program and facility where children actively participate in a variety of structured, weekly physical education classes to gain social skills and self-esteem. There are currently more than 230 My Gyms in over 25 countries throughout the world. Each year, more than one million children enjoy the age-appropriate, non-competitive classes and birthday parties My Gym offers.
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials.
- About HIT Entertainment – HIT Entertainment is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the
Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America, as well as Wallace & Gromit™, Shaun the Sheep™, Timmy Time™ and Aardman Classics from Aardman Animations. HIT also acts as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, PBS KIDS SproutSM. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com.