Wednesday 2nd October 2013
Linguaphone Group, the global language training provider based in the UK, has today announced that International Center for Quality (ICQ) based in Khartoum, have been granted the exclusive Master Franchise rights to develop their English language training program for adults, Direct English across Sudan.
ICQ is a leading management consultancy, providing training to the Sudan and Middle East workforce and student population since 1999. This new exclusive partnership will see ICQ deliver English language training to adults across Sudan through the Group’s unique nine-level English language program, Direct English from early next year.
Created in 1997, Direct English combines highly interactive bilingual materials, with a program of personalized tutorials and conversation classes, and already delivers world-class English language training for all abilities to corporate and retail clients alike, through a network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. They have also recently announced a global collaboration with the University of Cambridge, which will see Direct English students also having the opportunity to take the University’s renowned BULATS test in their centers.
Commenting on the new partnership, Mr Derek Price, Chief Executive Officer with the Linguaphone Group said:”Direct English is already helping thousands of people globally learn the vital international language of business and communication – English. We are delighted to welcome ICQ to our growing network of Linguaphone Group partners worldwide, and look forward to working with them to bring Direct English to Sudan in the months ahead.
“We would also like to acknowledge the valuable contribution that the British Embassy in Khartoum has provided in making this partnership possible.”
Mr Atif Alhaj, Group Managing Director of ICQ added: “This is a milestone for the ICQ Group to partner with the world-famous Linguaphone Group and bring their premium English language education program, Direct English to Sudan.”
For all media enquiries, please contact
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Notes to editors
– Direct English is delivered through a network of Master Franchisees in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information on Direct English Master Franchise opportunities worldwide, please visit http://www.directenglish.com/licensing_master-franchise.htm or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Linguaphone Group is a global language training provider, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries worldwide. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
– Cambridge English Language Assessment offers the world’s most valuable range of English qualifications. Cambridge English is part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge and Europe’s largest educational assessment organisation. Cambridge English Language Assessment develops the Cambridge English suite of English tests which are recognised by more than 14,000 organisations around the world including universities and colleges, commercial organisations and government departments.
– The Linguaphone Group welcomes the support from the UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) and the British Embassy in Khartoum through their Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS) in introducing us to ICQ.
– About UK Trade & Investment -UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the government department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK’s economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. UKTI offers expertise and contacts through its extensive network of specialists in the UK and in British embassies and other diplomatic offices around the world. We provide companies with the tools they require to be competitive on the world stage. For more information on UKTI, visit www.ukti.gov.uk. For latest press releases, visit the online newsroom at www.ukti.gov.uk/media.