Linguaphone Group Announces New Licensing Partners for Pingu’s English in Asia, Africa and the Middle East
Monday, 16 March 2009
The Linguaphone Group, a world-leading provider of distance and classroom language training solutions, is delighted to announce the latest licensing partners for the Group's character-based pre-school English language program, Pingu's English.
Apple Tree Pte Ltd, leading providers of kindergarten and playgroup programs for pre-school children in Singapore for the last 18 years, have signed as the Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Singapore. They plan to launch their first Pingu’s English programme in July.
Theo Wessels, an entrepreneur, has secured the exclusive rights to Pingu’s English in South Africa. He will be promoting the program through existing pre-schools, community organisations and bookstores, and will target, amongst others, children previously excluded from learning English in South Africa.
Egyptian American Cultural Center (EACC), our Direct English partner in Egypt, who have been running adult English language training centres with the Linguaphone Group since 2007, have signed a deal for the exclusive rights for Pingu’s English across Egypt. They plan to open their first two Pingu’s English Schools in Alexandria and Port Said in May, with more planned across Egypt over the summer.
Pingu's English is a three-level course and teaches English to young children of 3-7+ years. Based on the popular children's character, Pingu™, the course has been inspired by the mischievous and loveable penguin and his everyday adventures in the South Pole. Designed for use within Pingu's English schools and also by parents and children at home through direct-to-market channels, this innovative course is exclusive to the Linguaphone Group.
Derek Price, Chief Operations Officer of the Linguaphone Group, said
“We are delighted that partners from all corners of the globe are responding positively to Pingu’s English and joining our expanding family of Linguaphone Group partners. We look forward to working with them and many others in the months and years ahead.”
Contacts / notes to editors
Charlotte Pritchard- Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile: +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
1. Pingu’s English will be attending the Bologna Children’s Book Fair 2009 from Monday 23rd through to Thursday 26th of March and exhibiting in the International Hall (Hall 30) at stand number (B19). To book a meeting or for more information on licensing opportunities in other markets please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email email@example.com or visit www.pingusenglish.com.
2. The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of distance and classroom-based language learning solutions, which operate under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 100 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of 200 learning centres worldwide. The Group also has a wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries to more than seven million customers. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com.
3. The Linguaphone Group is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA).
4. Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials. Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, colouring materials and friezes. There are extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each childıs learning and development.
5. The Linguaphone Group has licensed the popular children’s character Pingu from HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is owned by private equity investment group Apax Partners, is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT’s portfolio includes properties such as Barney, Bob the Builder, Thomas & Friends, Pingu, Fireman Sam, Angelina Ballerina and Rainbow Magic. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots and Roary the Racing Car in North America and Japan. HIT also acts as a worldwide representative for The Jim Henson Company’s library of classic family brands and as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based pre-school channel PBS KIDS SproutSM, and international preschool channel JimJam, (outside of the US, UK and China). For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com.
Back to In The News