Linguaphone Group announces expansion in Europe with new Master Licensees for Pingu's English
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday 17 March 2010
Linguaphone Group, global leaders in language training, are delighted to announce the appointment of the latest licensing partners for the Group’s character-based pre-school English language program, Pingu’s English, in Romania and the Czech Republic.
Editura Sigma, a renowned publishing house in Romania for the past 20 years, has signed as the Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Romania. Led by Boris Singer, Director of Editura Sigma, they plan to broaden their educational profile in the market through the distribution of Pingu’s English into kindergartens and retail channels across Romania.
Meanwhile, local entrepreneur Alice Kourkzi of Language Academy Sro, has secured the exclusive rights to develop Pingu’s English across the Czech Republic. Alice plans to open her first Pingu’s English School in Prague this summer, with more planned across the market during 2010 and beyond.
Pingu’s English is a fun and imaginative way for young children to learn English and gain a better start in life and is based on the popular children’s character, Pingu™. Pingu’s English is a three-level course developed by leading experts in the fields of child education and language acquisition. The unique syllabus uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources. Designed for use within Pingu’s English Schools, kindergartens and also by parents and children at home, this innovative course is exclusive to the Linguaphone Group.
Derek Price, Chief Operations Officer of the Linguaphone Group commented
“ Editura Sigma and Language Academy Sro are an esteemed addition to the growing success of Pingu’s English worldwide. We are delighted to welcome these new European partners to the Group and look forward to working with them to bring Pingu’s English to children across Romania and the Czech Republic in the months ahead.”
Please click here to view this Press Release in Czech.
For all media enquiries, please contact
Sarah Cole, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile : +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
1. Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pingusenglish.com
2. The Linguaphone Group is the world’s leading provider of distance and classroom-based language learning solutions, which operate under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names. With over 100 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of 200 learning centres in 25 countries. The Group also has a wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries to more than seven million customers. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
3. The Linguaphone Group received support from the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and British Embassy in Bucharest through their Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS) to secure our new Pingu’s English partner for Romania.
4. Pingu’s English has a presence across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. If you have any queries about any of our existing Linguaphone Group partners please email email@example.com
5. Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials. Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, colouring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development.
6. HIT Entertainment is one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT's portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America, as well as Wallace & Gromit™, Shaun the Sheep™, Timmy Time™ and Aardman Classics from Aardman Animations. HIT also acts as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, PBS KIDS SproutSM, and international preschool channel JimJam, (outside of the US, UK and China). For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com
Back to In The News