Linguaphone Group announce exclusive Pingu's English licensing deal for Japan with Random House
Embargoed until 10.00 GMT on Wednesday 12 October 2011
At the Frankfurt Book Fair today, the Linguaphone Group, the UK-based global language training provider announced a deal that will see Random House Korea Inc. act as their exclusive partner for the Group's character-based children's English language program, Pingu's English in Japan.
Led by Eric W.S. Yang, President and Chief Executive Officer of Random House Korea Inc. they will distribute the Group's unique children's English language program across Japan. Launching in January, they will capitalise on the lucrative children's English training market in Japan with a wide-ranging distribution strategy through book retailers, kindergartens and other early year's providers. A home-schooling strategy will also see Pingu's English delivered direct to Japanese children at home, and Eric Yang and his Japanese team will also offer the opportunity for entrepreneurs to join a network of licensed Pingu's English Schools.
Pingu's English is a three-level language course based on the popular HIT Entertainment children's character, Pingu™. Transforming the way that young children learn English, the unique methodology uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources to teach children of 3-7+ years the vital skill of communicating in English.
The Pingu brand is owned by HIT Entertainment, one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners. More information can be found at www.pingusenglish.com
For all media enquiries, please contact
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile: +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
1. Pingu's English are exhibiting at the Frankfurt Book Fair in the International Publishers Pavilion (Hall 8) at stand number (E901) with the Publishers Association. Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu's English worldwide. Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email email@example.com or visit www.pingusenglish.com
2. The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading language training provider, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu's English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
3. Pingu's English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials. Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child's learning and development. For more information visit www.pingusenglish.com
4. Pingu's English has partners delivering their program across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East in the following countries:- China, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam. To contact any Pingu's English partner please visit www.pingusenglish.com/partners.htm
5. Random House Korea Inc. was launched in 2004 and is a subsidiary of Random House, one of the world's largest global publishers, Random House Korea Inc., entered the Korean market with as one of the biggest publishing companies in Korea, networking with 170 subsidiaries in 16 countries worldwide. For more information visit www.randomhouse.co.kr
6. HIT Entertainment is one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT's portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Chapman Entertainment's Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America, as well as Wallace & Gromit™, Shaun the Sheep™, Timmy Time™ and Aardman Classics from Aardman Animations. HIT also acts as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. Launched in 1989, HIT's lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, Sprout®. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com
Back to In The News