Immediate release: Monday 25th June 2012
LINGUAPHONE GROUP AND UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE ESOL EXAMINATIONS ANNOUNCE NEW GLOBAL COLLABORATION FOR PINGU'S ENGLISH
Parents of children studying at Pingu’s English Schools will soon be able to get a formal assessment of how their children’s English language learning has progressed, thanks to a global agreement announced today by the Linguaphone Group and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL).
From this summer, participating Pingu's English Schools will also act as official Cambridge ESOL testing centres. Under these new arrangements, Pingu’s English students will receive full test preparation and support to undertake the Cambridge English Young Learners English: Starters test; one of the best known international English tests for children.
Commenting on this exciting new collaboration, Derek Price, Chief Executive Officer with the Linguaphone Group said:
"The Linguaphone Group has a strong heritage in delivering first-class language programmes worldwide. The Pingu’s English learning syllabus and methodology already ensures that our students will develop real confidence in reading, writing, listening and speaking in English, using our wide variety of imaginative activities and resources.
“This strategic collaboration with the world-famous University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations will now enable our students to take a formal exam to demonstrate the strong foundation in the English language that they have acquired with us, to an international standard.”
Dr Mike Milanovic, Chief Executive Officer of Cambridge ESOL Examinations said:
“We are delighted that Pingu’s English will now give children the opportunity to take the Cambridge Young Learners tests. Research shows that these tests are a fun, motivating experience for children, helping them to get used to taking tests without seeing them as a stressful experience and giving them a valuable reward for their efforts.”
Pingu's English is a pre-school English language programme for 3-8+ years, which is currently available in fifteen countries worldwide. It is based on the true-to-life, everyday adventures of the popular HIT Entertainment character Pingu™ and exclusive to the UK-based Linguaphone Group.
For more information visit www.pingusenglish.com/exams
For all media enquiries please contact:
Sarah Cole, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)7799 723 218 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuart Giblin, Media Relations Officer, University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
1 Hills Road
Tel: +44 1223 558407
Fax: +44 1223 553036
Notes to editors
1. Pingu's English is a pre-school English language programme, offering an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources. Each student will take advantage of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials developed by leading English language and child education specialists. Students will also use an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes. There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child's learning and development. More information visit www.pingusenglish.com, or www.facebook.com/PingusEnglish or email email@example.com
2. Pingu's English is delivered through a network of Master Franchisees in China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Thailand and the Ukraine. New Pingu’s English Schools will also launch in Italy, Japan, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates and Vietnam this autumn. For more information on Pingu’s English Master Franchise opportunities worldwide, please visit www.pingusenglish.com/licensing or email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Pingu's English centres that meet Cambridge's strict standards for quality and integrity will be able to register and authorised test centres, and to display Cambridge ESOL's authorised centre logo.
4. The Linguaphone Group is a global language training provider, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu's English brand names. With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa. The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries. For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
5. University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) offers the world’s most valuable range of English qualifications. Cambridge ESOL is part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit department of the University of Cambridge and Europe’s largest educational assessment organisation. Cambridge ESOL develops the Cambridge English suite of English tests which are recognised by more than 12,000 organisations around the world including universities and colleges, commercial organisations and government departments.
6. About HIT Entertainment. HIT Entertainment is one of the world's leading children's entertainment producers and rights owners. HIT Entertainment is a division of Fisher-Price. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Thomas & Friends®, Barney®, Bob the Builder®, Fireman Sam®, Angelina Ballerina®, Mike the Knight™, Pingu® and Rainbow Magic®. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing, digital media, and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com. To download artwork, please visit www.hitnewsonline.com.
Back to In The News