Linguaphone Group announces new Pingu's English licensing deal in Poland
LINGUAPHONE GROUP OGŁASZA PODPISANIE UMOWY LICENCYJNEJ PINGU'S ENGLISH W POLSCE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Monday 7th March 2011
Linguaphone Group, global leaders in language training , are delighted to announce the appointment of a new Master Licensee for the Group’s character-based pre-school English language program, Pingu’s English, in Poland.
Idea Language Center was established in 1998 and is now one of the top companies in Poland for language education, translation and interpreting. They have extensive experience in both implementing educational projects co-funded by the European Union, and working across the private and public sector in Poland.
Idea has signed as our exclusive Pingu’s English Master Licensee for Poland and from May this year will start developing a network of Unit Licensees across the country. Idea is also planning to roll out the course in major kindergartens.
Pingu’s English is a fun and imaginative way for young children to learn English and gain a better start in life and is based on the popular children’s character, Pingu™. Pingu’s English is a three-level course developed by leading experts in the fields of child education and language acquisition. The unique syllabus uses a wide variety of imaginative activities and multimedia resources. Designed for use within Pingu’s English Schools, kindergartens and also by parents and children at home, this innovative course is exclusive to the Linguaphone Group.
Commenting on the deal, Amadeusz Czajor, President of Idea Language Center said:
“Joining the Pingu’s English network marks the beginning of a new era for Idea. Our ambition is to develop Pingu’s English into a nationwide brand in a very competitive market with high growth potential. Poland joined the European Union in 2004 and since then the requirement for young learners’ language education has been steadily growing. Our ultimate goal is to make Pingu’s English the natural choice for every parent in Poland considering English lessons for their children”
Derek Price, Chief Operations Officer of the Linguaphone Group commented
“We are delighted to welcome Idea to our expanding worldwide network of global Pingu’s English partners, and look forward to working with them to bring Pingu’s English to children across Poland in the months and years ahead.”
The Pingu brand is owned by HIT Entertainment, one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners.
For all media enquiries, please contact
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile : +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
- Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide . Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email pingusenglish@linguaphonegroup .com or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- Please note the Linguaphone Group will be attending the Bologna Children's Book Fair 2011 between the 28th - 31st March, and the London Book Fair 11 – 13 April 2011
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names . With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa . The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries . For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
- Pingu’s English has partners across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East in the following countries:- China, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Lebanon, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam . If you have any queries about any of our existing Linguaphone Group partners please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources . Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials . Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes . There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development .
- About HIT Entertainment - HIT Entertainment is one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners . HIT's portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™ . HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America, as well as Wallace & Gromit™, Shaun the Sheep™, Timmy Time™ and Aardman Classics from Aardman Animations . HIT also acts as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK . Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan . HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, Sprout ® . For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com
Back to In The News