Licensing deal with International Publishers SARL sees Pingu's English head to the Lebanon
Immediate release 00:01 Monday 21st March 2011
Linguaphone Group, a UK-based provider of global language training programs, is delighted today to announce a partnership with International Publishers SARL, who will act as their official Lebanese distributor for the Group’s character-based pre-school English language program, Pingu’s English .
International Publishers SARL has an excellent reputation across the Lebanese education sector . For the last twenty years they have been the exclusive distributors of Encyclopedia Americana, the entire Grolier-Scholastic catalogue, and many titles from French publishing houses including Bordas, Universalis and Auzou .
Pingu’s English is a unique three-level language course based on the popular HIT Entertainment children’s character, Pingu™, and will be promoted through kindergartens and other retailers across the Lebanon .
Commenting on the new partnership, Nabil Komboz, Managing Director of International Publishers SARL said:
“We are delighted to have secured the rights to the prestigious Pingu’s English program from the Linguaphone Group . We look forward to working with kindergartens across the Lebanon to help give children here a better start in life”
Pingu’s English is delivered through a growing network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East . Pingu’s English and the Linguaphone Group will be exhibiting with The Publishers Association at the upcoming Bologna Children’s Book Fair .
The Pingu brand is owned by HIT Entertainment, one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners .
For all media enquiries, please contact
Charlotte Pritchard, Head of Marketing, Linguaphone Group
Tel: +44 (0)20 8687 6115
Mobile : +44 (0)7799 723 218
Notes to editors
- Master licensing business opportunities are available for Pingu’s English worldwide . Please call +44 (0)20 8687 6104, email pingusenglish@linguaphonegroup .com or visit www.pingusenglish.com
- Please note the Linguaphone Group will be attending the Bologna Children's Book Fair 2011 between the 28th - 31st March, and the London Book Fair 11 – 13 April 2011
- The Linguaphone Group is a world-leading provider of language training solutions, operating under the internationally recognised Linguaphone, Direct English and Pingu’s English brand names . With over 109 years of experience, the Group has an extensive network of licensed partners across Asia, Europe, the Middle-East and Africa . The Group has also helped millions of people learn a new language through their wide-ranging portfolio of self-study products sold in over 60 countries . For more information visit www.linguaphonegroup.com
- Pingu’s English has partners across Asia, Africa, Europe and the Middle East in the following countries:- China, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Egypt, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam . If you have any queries about any of our existing Linguaphone Group partners please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pingu’s English offers an array of creative learning activities and exercises using high quality, multimedia materials and teaching resources . Developed by leading English language and child education specialists, each student will receive a course pack consisting of DVDs, study books, song and story books with CDs plus interactive online learning materials . Students will also receive an activity pack which includes supplementary materials such as character figurines, coloring materials and friezes . There are also extensive teaching resources to assist teachers with each child’s learning and development .
- About HIT Entertainment - HIT Entertainment is one of the world's leading independent children's entertainment producers and rights-owners . HIT's portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™ . HIT represents Chapman Entertainment’s Fifi and the Flowertots™ and Roary the Racing Car™ in North America, as well as Wallace & Gromit™, Shaun the Sheep™, Timmy Time™ and Aardman Classics from Aardman Animations . HIT also acts as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK . Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production, content distribution, publishing, consumer products licensing and live events and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan . HIT is a part-owner of US-based preschool channel, Sprout ® . For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com
Back to In The News