Linguaphone Assisted Learning English Language Training Course
Based on the strength of Linguaphone's pioneering learning methodology - Listen, Understand and Speak - the Linguaphone assisted learning English language training course teaches conversational English in the most natural, fun and effective way.
The syllabus, course materials and face-to-face sessions are all fully integrated to provide a complete and highly flexible learning system.
It's a learning system based on 5 Levels, each defined by bilingual coursebooks and audio CDs. Plus, to help get you started and build your confidence, there's also a video book and DVD for Level 1.
Each level consists of 7 units of study and each unit consists of 9 learning stages.
Learning English: What Our Customers Say
Fun, Engaging and Tailored To You and Your Lifestyle
The Linguaphone assisted learning English language training course - the Linguaphone Classic Group Course - is aimed primarily at the consumer market.
The Linguaphone Classic Group Course
The Linguaphone Classic Group Course combines personal study with group tutorials, conversation classes, progress tests and exercises, and online study to provide a complete learning experience.
Using the easy-to-follow illustrated course books and materials, you'll learn to speak and express yourself confidentally in English for everyday life. Throughout your studies, you'll also have every opportunity to regularly practise and test your new-found skills with fellow learners in a fun and sociable environment.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Carry out certain transactions for travel, accommodation, appointments and leisure activities
- Make purchases such as ordering food and drink
- Give and obtain factual information covering your name, address and occupation
- Establish and maintain social and professional contacts
Enrolment on a Linguaphone course may entitle you to access our online learning resources.
Delivered via the Internet, our online learning resources include:
- Interactive Online Modules - 3 levels of engaging and interactive exercises designed to test your vocabulary and grammar
- Daily English - Our highly topical up-to-the-minute learning service featuring news articles from English and American newspapers, BBC television and radio news and current affairs programmes, with exercises and grammar.
For more information about our online learning resources, please contact your local Linguaphone or Direct English Centre by visiting the Our Partners section of this website.
The Linguaphone Academic Advisory Committee
The development of Linguaphone's course materials and learning system by academic experts in the field of language learning is closely supervised by Linguaphone's own Academic Advisory Committee.
Each of the six members of the Committee is an eminent practitioner in his or her field, with a distinguished record of specialist achievement.
Chaired by Professor Randolph Quirk, past president of the British Academy, collectively the Committee makes a formidable body with wide specialist knowledge and a great depth of experience.