Jun 2009: 1st Corporate-Owned Pingu’s English School
May 2011: 10th Pingu’s English Unit Franchise
Jun 2011: 1st Pingu’s English School Licensing Program
Aug 2013: 1st Cambridge English Young Leaners Test
Nov 2014: 5th Pingu’s English School Licensing Program
May 2015: 8th Pingu’s English School Licensing Program with 2,000 enrolments per annum in total.
What was the company’s background before becoming a Pingu’s English Master Franchisee?
- Construction Materials and Steel Industry
- Supply Chain, Logistics and Shipping Industry
- Playground Equipment for Public and School Playground
How long has Pingu’s English been running in Thailand?
6 years (since 2009)
Why did you decide to invest in setting up Pingu’s English language training schools across Thailand?
- Thailand is a country of full potential of ESL/ESOL (English as Second or Speaker of Other Languages) industry with strong demand of English for education, vocation and vacation.
- Sizeable market of 5 million students age 3-8 years together with pools of prospects (entrepreneurs) spreading around the country looking for the “easier
than you think to start earning from learning” model
- Under-performance of English teaching in public and private schools means a good chance for success of such qualified curriculum as Pingu’s English.
- CEFR and Cambridge English’s Young Leaners’ English both conform to the requirement of Ministry of Education, Thailand.
What are the unique benefits of being a Pingu’s English Franchisee?
- Professionally backed up by a trust-worthy partner, LG & DE, with 110+ years of expertise.
- Brand value from effective and continuous marketing activity year-round.
- Global scale of Research & Development of products and services suited to local market of Thailand.
- Strong leadership of executives with competent staff for ease of operation.
What kind of support have you received as a Master Franchisee from the Linguaphone Group?
- Effective training for all staff (academic and business, sales and operation) needed for the successful set-up of business, right from Day 1.
- Year-round consultation with keen understanding at all levels – strategy, marketing, sales, operation, stock, etc. through all channels of communication from traditional e-mail and call to Skype and FaceTime to one-on-one and department to department.
- Regular visits from Mr. Derek Price, CEO, are usual for the boon and bane of business.
What do you feel has been a key factor in your success?
- Strategic products and position of the market not only for the present but also the ever-changing market to come. Pingu’s English is truly the first among others.
- A bold vision to create and to lead the market.
- Solidarity among key staff, LG & DE, and the customers.
- Training and re-training of personnel to rise above the storm of market dynamic and competition.
- Global and regional network among Master Franchise to cooperate, learn, and assist each other when needed.
What advice would you give to someone considering investing in a Pingu’s English Master Franchise?
- As time does matter, the earlier the better for the investment of Pingu’s English Master Franchise.
- Be prepared to change the country and the world together.
What are the key benefits to the customers of Pingu’s English?
- Economically and effective way of learning English as a Second or Speaker of Other Languages. (ESL/ESOL)
- Right attitude of learning at the beginning will sustain the love of learning among children thereafter and lifelong.
- World Class test at the end, Cambridge English’s Young Learner’s English is the passport to every single school, public or private, local, international or ivy-league, around the world.
What are the plans of Pingu’s English Thailand for the year ahead?
- Expand more Unit Franchise to provincial areas.
- Encourage more schools to adopt Pingu’s English (school licensing program).
- Extend to Home School segment (direct to home market).
- Emphasize on the new bold opportunity of Pingu’s English Extended Curriculum project liaised with Kingston University.
Any other useful background / comments you may wish to include?
For your family or your country, an investment in education is not only fruitful but conscience because education is universally the equaliser of society: the window of opportunity for young learner to the quality of education with no discrimination.